Well, I'm already back from jury duty. I actually made it to the box this time, but then they cut me. I didn't run down the aisle screaming, but I did do a little fist pump. Oh, well. The odds are pretty good I will get called back.

I've been thinking a lot about deadlines lately, mainly because my friend brought up how she is going to miss one. I used to think I worked better with a deadline, but I'm not so sure anymore. A schedule definitely works better for me. Since I work 2 jobs and have kids, it's very important that I set aside time to do my stuff. Deadlines help keep me focused, but I have a tendency to procrastinate until the last minute and then freak out. Not always, but usually with the ag articles. If a deadline is too far away, say for an antho, I usually loose interest. I was going to write a story about Greek myths revisited, which is due at the end of this month, and I've known about it since May (I think), but the idea doesn't work for me anymore. Maybe it's just laziness. I don't know. I do know that I have to find a balance between the two, which I'm having a hard time doing right now.

What about you? Do you like/prefer deadlines? How do you find that balance?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)