I'm sure you're wondering how my signing went on Saturday. Well, it went about as well as I expected. I ended up selling 3 books, which isn't much, but it's better than none or a kick in the crotch. When I first got there, they had an area set up in the back where everyone was sitting with their Hometown Holiday Hurrah tickets. They had coffee and cookies and were doing drawings of their own. It was a nice way for everyone to hang out in the store.

The drawings started at 9 something in the morning, so when I got there, things were kind of winding down. I sat with everyone in the back, and the owner introduced me and let me talk for a little bit. I told them that I lived in Laramie and had been born and raised in Wyoming and a little bit about the types of things I write. A couple people came over to check out my stuff (I brought the magazines/collections my short stories had been published in and examples of my nonfiction). I was very nervous and felt very exposed. I got over it pretty quickly, though, after I started talking.

After the HHH drawings, everyone pretty much left the store. A few stayed to look at the merchandise, and I moved up front. My friends Rena and Tamara came in for a while (thankfully), so I wasn't by myself. Tamara and I had a very nice chat about writing and feelings of failure and movies.

I think if I had been more aggressive, I probably could have sold more books. Instead of smiling at people as they walked in, I should have asked if they liked to read and told them about my book. But I wasn't really into that day. I was a little tired and I already had feelings of failure, so I couldn't find my motivation. It was one of those instances where I wanted the world to come to me, and I kept hoping that it would. Of course, it didn't, but I wasn't surprised. I chalk this up as a learning experience. The next time around (and there will be a next time, but not necessarily in a flea market) I will know exactly what to do.

By the way, the new Serial Killer Magazine is out. I have some articles in there. You can purchase it at http://serialkillercalendar.com/.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)