This Week in Writing

Before I tell you about my productive week, I promised you weeks ago to post a picture of my new kitty. So, here you go, my killer kat, Alia.

Oh, she looks vicious, doesn't she?


I finished a short story that I was asked to write and emailed it off to the editor. I'm still waiting to hear back, so I'm not going to divulge any details. I will say that I don't think my chances are very good, though. The person who originally asked me to write it wasn't very forthcoming on the details, so I just put something together. When I finally talked to the editor, who had lots and lots of details, I don't think mine fit in with the expectations. Oh, well. I'll let you know how it goes.

I worked on my nonfiction...finally! It felt really good to get back into the writing mode. I did all I could this week, which was only one movie, because I need to watch the other films. My plan for this weekend is to watch at least 2 so I can spend next week typing up their sections.

I am, however, a little freaked out about the future of this book. I sent the editor an email on Monday to find out where my other chapters were in their schedule, and I haven't heard anything back. I know, I know, they were busy with the holidays and are trying to get caught up. BUT, this editor is usually very good about getting back to me, AND back in 2009, it was in December that all communications with the publisher ceased. I kept trying to get a hold of the editor then, too, and he never responded. I assumed they rejected my stuff. They emailed me again in August 2010, and this has been the outcome of that conversation, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to play that game again. Keep your fingers crossed they are just busy.

I'm very happy that the holidays are over and I can get back on schedule. I have a lot of stuff planned for this year, and I'm sure not enough time to get it all done. I'll do my best though! To take you into your weekend, I have another story for you.

The boys and I went to Wendy's the other night for dinner. The 3 year old got this cardboard Yogi Bear thing that had to be put together and made a 3D thing (I don't really know what it was). There were 4 sheets of pieces to put this thing together. My spouse spent about 15 minutes making it look wonderful, grumbling the whole time about how complicated it was. As you can imagine, the 3 year old played with it for about 2 minutes, then started pulling the whole thing apart.

I asked him, "Why are you doing that? Don't you know how long it took to put it together?"

He just looked at me and shrugged. "I don't know. That's just what little boys do."

I hope you have a great weekend where you create wondrous things, and if anyone tears them apart, hopefully *shrug* it will just be what they do!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)