Stick a Fork in Me

I'm done. D-O-N-E.

For the last few weeks, I've been sending out queries and proposals for my nonfiction project. So far, I've sent out 25 and received a total of 7 rejections (a couple of those were no responses, so I assumed they were "No"). In the scheme of things, that's not too bad. I'm sure I'll be getting more responses (rejections) in the next month or so.

I can't stand sending out queries. There is so much research and preparation. I can't tell you how much time I've spent looking up agents or publishers, then digging around to make sure they're reputable. It is extremely time consuming and pulls me away from what I really need to be doing: writing.

I know, I know, it's part of the process, but it's soooo tedious. And it seems to be a little pointless. I mean, I'm pretty sure no one is going to publish this book. "Oh, have faith. Someone will like it," I hear you say, but I'm pretty sure they won't. This is a very specialized book with a strict focus, and it doesn't really appeal to a wide audience. If they can't make money off it, they won't waste their time with it. As a natrual pessimist and cynic, it's hard to see the bright side of things. I know it only takes one yes, but how do you get there? It's all about timing and luck, which I have a very short supply of.

In any case, I'm just frustrated and finished sending out queries. Like I said, it's wasting valuable time. I haven't exhausted all my possibilities, and I doubt I will. Perhaps now is not the time for this book. After I get replies from the places I've sent it, I might put it away for a while. I have other things I need to work on, no point in wasting my time beating a dead horse!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)