This Week in Writing

Honestly, I have accomplished nothing. Between dentist appointments, doctor appointments, physical therapy, being busy at work, and having a freak out (I'll tell you about it next week), I've been exhausted at night. My goal is to get back on schedule this weekend. Things should be calmed down by then.


My 4 year old has moved up a room at daycare, so he's no longer taking naps. It's been extremely obvious and difficult for everyone. He falls asleep in the car on the way home, then proceeds to be an utter grump until he eats dinner (which, has to be an ordeal). Last night, he was in a particularly special mood.

I was making dinner (pork roast with cheesy potatoes and beans) and asked if he wanted that or chicken nuggets. He told me he wanted pork, then when I set the plate in front of him, he proceeded to push it away and pout. I made him the nuggets (I have always been told to pick my battles with my kids, and dinner is not one of them. As long as they eat, I'm happy), and while they were cooking, he changed his mind. As you can imagine, I had to restrain myself from smacking him upside the head (for those of you out there who don't know I'm joking, I'm joking. I wouldn't smack my child in the head).

While he was eating, he, of course, got into a better mood. After watching the whole situation, though, it reminded me of what I went through all this week. Like my child, I was going back and forth with a decision and being a little grumpy about it. I overreacted, then realized my first instinct was the right choice. I'm sure several people wanted to smack me upside the head (sorry, Tamara; sorry, Dax), but things are going to work out in the end!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)