Tour/Movie Review Monday

I think the tour is still going on, but I haven't seen any new posts lately. Since I won't be around this afternoon, just check out here to see what's happening.

Cars 2 (2011)

The menfolk decided to go fishing yesterday, so Grandma suggested we do lunch, go to a movie, then hang out for dinner. I think she was trying to rescue me from insanity. Thank goodness, it worked!

Cars 2 was very cute. The animation keeps getting better and better, and it had some really cool explosions. It was in 3D, though I would have survived if I had to watch it in 2D. I missed part of the film because the 2 year old was very wiggly. We actually had to get up at one point and change his diaper. He's still a bit young to take, but I couldn't leave him home alone. He'll get the hang of it someday.

The total run time for the movie with previews was 2 hours. It was just a bit long for the boys, and some of the content was definitely not for children. It wasn't scary or anything, but they wouldn't have understood it. I mean, what do kids know about secret agents? Plus, some cars got killed. Granted, most of the kids wouldn't have understood that either, but I was taken aback.

It was a typical Disney film full of laughs and good times, as well as a happy ending. Both adults and children will enjoy it, so I recommend seeing it. Has anyone else watched it yet?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)