This Week in Writing

One of my readers finished their analysis/edits for "Death to the Undead," so I incorporated those. I'm still waiting on the second reader, who has been given a deadline of Sunday. After that, I'll incorporate those suggestions.

I edited a short story that I've been working on for a while. One more read through, then I'm submitting it. I'll let you know how that goes.

I started a new novel, my dragon story, but I haven't been working overly hard on it. Believe it or not, I'm taking a little break right now. Since it's the end of the year and I've accomplished my goal, I'm being lazy. Have no fear, it won't last long!


Yesterday, the 4 year old was having a rough day. OK, he wasn't so much having a rough day as making my day rough. Both boys slept in, so we were running a little behind. I asked the 4 year old if he'd please get dressed, help me out, and he tells me, "I want you to get me dressed!" Then proceeded to play.

If I had been thinking, I would have taken him to daycare in his pajamas, but I didn't have time for that. Plus, he picked out his clothes, he just didn't put them on. He met me half way. Sorta.

When I picked them up from daycare, he still had an attitude. I was helping his brother get his coat on, and the 4 year old ran to his room to grab his. He comes back a few moments later and tells me, "I dropped my pictures on the floor."

"Okay," I say. "Then you need to pick them up."

We head to his classroom to put on his coat.

"No. YOU pick them up," he tells me.

Well, it had been a long day, and I wasn't in the mood to be barked at. So, as calmly as I could (and, really, it was pretty calm, we were in public), I told him, "I didn't drop them on the floor. You did. If you don't want to pick them up, I guess they'll get thrown away."

He threw a fit! If I could've walked out and left him there, I would have. (I tried, but he followed after me.) It was ever so pleasant.

Later, as we're driving home, his little voice comes from the back seat. "You still love me, right?"

"Of course I do, honey. But I'm very unhappy with you right now. I'm still mad at you."

He didn't respond. I guess as long as I still loved him, all was well.

Remember, even if you're a butt head and p*ss people off, there's still someone out there who loves you. You just might need to remind them that they do from time to time! Hope you have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)