This Week in Writing

I AM FINALLY DONE WITH MY INDEX! Oh, man, I don't think you know how much of a relief it is to have that off my plate. I feel 10 pounds lighter. I feel free.

It's come to my attention that some of you might not know what indexing is. So you can see the whole picture of my pain, I'll explain it. You know when you're reading a nonfiction book and you think, "Hey, I want to specifically look up cats." You turn to the back of the book, where there is a list of terms, and look up what pages cats occurs in the book. That's the index.

I have to decide what terms go in the back of the book. It involves reading through the entire manuscript and deciding what is important and what isn't. It isn't overly hard, but it's incredibly time consuming. THEN, I had to figure out cross references and subcategories (thank goodness for Tamara's help on that!). But it's done. I don't have to worry about it any longer!

I also got some content editing done. Not a lot, but enough to make me feel like I accomplished something. Edits also came back for Wucaii, so now I'm waiting for time to get started on that. I'm okay with putting that off for a week or two. I think I'm going to need a break.


On Wednesday, I had a book club meeting, and my spouse took the boys out to dinner. He said that while they were waiting, the kids needed to go to the bathroom. He took them in, and the 5 year old was in one stall, the 3 year old in the other. The toilets had sensors, so when my spouse left to go help the 3 year old flush his toilet, it triggered the 5 year old's.

My spouse said he walked back to check on the 5 year old, who was still sitting, and the 5 year old shuddered.

"That was disturbing," he said. "When he flushed his, he also flushed mine."

Have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)