This Week in Writing

My second novella is for sale today.  It's called Other Options, and you can purchase it here.


Eddie has a great life with a loving wife and fabulous job. His work keeps him away from home for long stretches of time, but he counts down the moments until he gets to be back in his wife’s arms. He would do anything for her. Unfortunately, she doesn’t feel the same way, and plans on leaving Eddie for another man. Feeling crushed and betrayed, Eddie has a hard time trusting women. He knows it’s unfair; he knows not every woman is as evil as his ex-wife, but he can’t deny his feelings. As an ice miner, he’s expected to spend months at a time on his ship. Much to his chagrin, he is forced to spend it with Rie. Will being trapped on a ship with a woman help Eddie get over his fear and hatred of women and move on with his life? Are there any other options?


When I first submitted this story to Musa, it had a different title.  It was originally called "Second Chances."  Apparently, there were several other books at the publishers with the same title, so I was asked to change it.  (The editor didn't want people inadvertently picking the wrong book because of the title.)  Not a big deal.  I'm not normally chained to my titles, but I do hate thinking them up.  I sent a list of possible replacements, throwing "Other Options" in as a joke.  Much to my surprise, the editors thought it fit perfectly, so it stuck.  I was actually a little shocked I got it to work as well as it did, but it seems to fit the story.

This week, I finished the first story in my new YA series, but I haven't started the second.  Been a bit lazy on that front.  I finished chapter 5 of my next novel and got two lines of chapter 6 done.  I did get a blog post done for something very exciting, but I'm not going to tell you about it until it comes out.  It'll be worth the wait, don't worry.

I've had very little motivation to write this week.  I haven't been sleeping very well, and I've been busy at work.  By the time I get home, I'm ready to plop my butt in the recliner and not move.  I've been very successful at doing that.  And going to bed early.  It's been great!


The boys have discovered their favorite song:  "Fishin' in the Dark" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.  I have to play it every time we get into the car.  They are learning the words to it and think they are pretty cool for doing so.  Even after listening to it 500 million times, it still brings a smile to my face (mainly because it makes me think of the kids).  So, I send you into the weekend with a song.  Have a great one!


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)