Meet an Author Tuesday

Today's guest is John Doody.  John holds a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Coral Ridge University and Seminary, as well as an M.A. in Political Science from George Wythe College. For the past twenty years or so, he and his wife have run their own business in Jacksonville, Florida. He has four children, a fat dog, and a cat that ignores him.

Some people like pie, he likes robots.

He can be found at johndoody.com (the site is under construction), and the book is called The Wonk Decelerator, which will be out soon, but not sure when (I will let you know when it's available.  He is an author with eTreasures, as am I, and deadlines don't really exist for them. :)).

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Several years ago I read that scientists had managed to view a dark atom. The dark matter appeared for less than a second and then it beat feet back into negative space. Our galaxy is enormous and even at light speed it would be next to impossible to get anywhere, so I thought of Wonk travel, and my story, The Wonk Decelerator, came out of that. This is book one of six in the Guild saga.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It took me a few months. Originally, this was a short story. When it was rejected a couple of times by the big magazines I prayed about it and started adding to the story until it was a novella. Overall it took about six months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I enjoy the feeling that comes with nailing an emotion deep in your heart. There’s a sense of well-being that comes with it, like the mailman shows up at your house with an unexpected package, and it’s got a check in it.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Having to face up to me: I can be impatient; writing requires patience. I can get on edge when things aren’t just right; God wants me to love.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would like to be Johnny Appleseed, just to try and understand what in the world made that guy tick.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
There’s a dinosaur carcass. It’s either six thousand years old or a bajillion, depending on your perspective.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Book Two, The Late, Great Benjamin Bale, is with the publisher. I’m working on Book 3, The Crimson Witch, now. After this initial trilogy I have three novels I want to do before returning to these Guild stories for the concluding trilogy--All God willing, of course.








Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)