Faelon by AJ Kelton‏

AJ Kelton are the dynamic writing team of Angel and Jordan. The couple met online several years ago on an Alexander fan site and have been friends ever since. Angel soon found that Jordan had a flare for storytelling with several half-finished stories on her computer. Angel encouraged Jordan to finish the stories and with help in creative description she decided to send the stories off to MLR press. They were both shocked and excited when they got the news that Faelon was accepted for publication. While Jordan may have a flare for storytelling she doesn’t enjoy the smaller details in getting a story ready for publication. That is where Angel comes in; she spends countless hours getting the story ready after line edits, going over each line in proofing and formatting, making decisions such as covers and fonts, all things that Jordan just has problems focusing on.

Angel is always on the lookout for her perfect mate, a cross between Ethan from Under the Australian Sky and Evan from Marco. Until Mr. Perfect appears at her door, or in front of her booth wanting an autograph she loves to read, take pictures and attend concerts of all kinds. She loves all things 80’s. Angel lives in Texas with her two dogs, Daisy a beagle who she insists is nothing like snoopy and her Chihuahua Bonita.

When not writing Jordan loves to read anything from Amish romance to the dark taboo books of fiction both M/M and Het. She is a very avid reader, except when writing because she doesn’t want to be influenced by what she is reading. Jordan loves to travel and often her latest vacation spots show up in his books. While Jordan is always looking for that perfect place to live at the moment she can be found in Kansas.

Both writers have solo projects coming out in the future, Angel with Misunderstandings under the name Angel Rothamel. Jordan with Legion under the name Rider Jacobs.

Both authors would love to hear from you. You can contact them via their web page AJKelton @AJKelton.com. You can also find them on Facebook under both AJ Kelton, Angel Rothamel and Rider Jacobs.

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Yahoo group

Who knew that loving a Nephilim could be so dangerous.

Faelon, a 3000-year-old nephilim, fleeing a demonic master, found safety with the church. He has repaid their kindness by translating various artifacts. Father Donovan has watched as Faelon became a recluse, fearing those who would harm him.

Jax, wanting a change, moves to Salem, MA where he finds work as a churches security guard. Not believing that Faelon is a nephilim, he is forced to confront his own beliefs in the supernatural.

Can he learn to accept Faelon, and be the master he requires? Or lose the man he loves to the demons who would harm him.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Angel: I was looking through my emails and came across an open call for submission. Jordan was at work, so I texted him asking if we had any ideas for holiday stories. When he went to break and saw the text, he replied with, not at the moment, but give me a little bit and I will see what I can come up with. His next break, he texted me back with the idea for Faelon.

Jordan: Actually Faelon started out a lot different than it is now. My original idea was for a vampire that could only drink fruit juice. When I was told my story wasn’t paranormal enough I decided to go a completely different direction. I made Faelon a nephilim, added in the twins and Delgorio and you have the story that made it to print version.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Angel: The original idea for Faelon didn’t take that long to write. But it kept growing and evolving and becoming what it is today.
Jordan: I had the basic concept for Faelon in about thirty minutes. The actual book I had written in about six weeks. Not all books come to me as fast but once I know where I want the story to go it usually doesn’t take me long to get it there.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Angel: Creating worlds and characters that I can get lost in. I put my characters through hell. I like to write stories that have real situations and that get down and gritty with emotional turmoil, angst, trauma and it shows the characters have to fight tooth and nail to get the happily ever after that they deserve. 

I also absolutely love to hear the feedback from our readers. I have been brought to tears (in a good way) by some of the reviews and feedback that I have gotten, and that in itself makes the trial of writing worth it.

Jordan: The fans. Writing is fun in its own way. You do get to create a world and all the people in it, bring those people to life for those that read the book. Sometimes it’s easy to forget that the characters in the book aren’t real people. When I’m at a convention or when someone friends me on Facebook and tells me how much they loved my book, how alive everyone seemed, to me that makes all the edits and the frustration worth it.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Angel: The editing. Sometimes things that I absolutely love about the story are either changed or removed and while I know the story is all the better for it, it breaks my heart that I have to take out what to me may be a vital scene or description.

Jordan: I love to tell the story, to bring everyone to life. What I don’t like is everything after that, which is why I have a writing partner. Line edits, concept edits and so forth are all things that I am forced to do but don’t want to do. I just want to write, to let the stars of my books have a voice.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Angel: hmm, this is a hard one. There are so many I could name, but then I don’t know if I would want to be a famous person so much as hang out with a famous person for a day. The problem would be that I would have to come back to myself and that would be too hard! Lol
Jordan: If I could be a famous person for a day who would I be? There are many people I have admired but to name one. I would choose either Alexander the Great or Spartacus. I’m a bit of a history freak and those two men changed the world as it was known at that time.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Angel: Oh wow, I had to look… The oldest thing in my fridge is an unopened jar of cherries from last Christmas.

Jordan: Well I tend to never eat left overs so my refrigerator really never has anything old in it. What is the oldest thing in there right now? I am guessing the mustard. I know, a bit of a bore there.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Angel: From AJ Kelton, we have Marco that we are going to begin promotions for in August. We are working on book 2 of the Slutty Cupid series as well as the second book in the Marco trilogy.

We also have solo projects. I write as Angel Rothamel and I have The Solstice that was released in January, and Misunderstandings the first in my SEALs of Cedar, Colorado series that is released May 24th. I have also submitted Handcuffs and Lace to my editor.

Jordan: I would like to point out that the “slutty cupid series” is a nickname that one of our fans gave Christian from Under the Australian Sky. In the future you can see book two of Faelon which is going to be called “Much Ado About Twins.” I’m also writing book two of the Love Across Time Series so fans of Christian can expect to be seeing him again soon.

I also have a solo project named Legion which will be out in June and I just submitted “Forgotten” to my editor so it could be out by the first of next year.

Giveaway is both an e-book and a print book (US shipping) at this site.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)