Replacing Gentry by Julie N. Ford‏


Julie N. Ford graduated from San Diego State University with a BA in Political Science and a minor in English Literature. In addition, she has a Masters in Social Work from the University of Alabama. Professionally, she has worked in teaching and as a Marriage & Family Counselor.

In addition to Replacing Gentry, she is the author of two women’s fiction novels, The Woman He Married and No Holly for Christmas, published in 2011. She also wrote a romance/chick-lit novel, Count Down to Love, published in 2011. Count Down to Love was a 2011 Whitney Award finalist.

Currently, she lives in Nashville, TN with her husband, two daughters and one baby hedgehog. For more information or see what Julie is working on now, you can visit her at JulieNFord.com.

https://www.facebook.com/JulieNFord.Author
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4718785.Julie_N_Ford
http://JulieNFord.com
https://twitter.com/JulieNFord


When Marlie agrees to attend a cadaver ball at Vanderbilt Medical School, she did not expect to actually see any cadavers. Or, that a strange apparition would issue her a chilling message.

Despite the cadaver's warning, Marlie is married a year later to Tennessee State Senator, Daniel Cannon, and living in a plantation-style mansion with two step-sons. Add to the mix her growing suspicion that something is amiss with the death of Daniel’s first wife, Gentry, and newlywed Marlie is definitely in over her pretty Yankee head.

What begins as an innocent inquiry into her new husband’s clouded past ends with Marlie in the midst of a dangerous conspiracy.

A modern twist on the classic Gothic romance novels of Rebecca and Jane Eyre, Replacing Gentry follows Marlie’s precarious journey as she learns the truth about the man she married.

Amazon
BN

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
The inspiration for Replacing Gentry was ignited by a question my daughter asked regarding spirits. The paranormal elements I’d originally intended for this text were eventually edited out but still, the plot originated with her inquiry. Then one of my favorite books is Rebecca. I decided to blend my story with DuMaurier’s, make it modern and Southern, and voila, Replacing Gentry was born.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
This one took me about eighteen months. I had three books released the same year I was trying to write this one and I kept getting distracted. On average, I’d say it takes me about three to four months of steady work to complete a novel.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I love it when the plot and/or words just seem to flow effortlessly as if being sent from a special place I have yet to discover. It truly feels like my own little miracle.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
I don’t enjoy the business end of writing. I don’t like stressing over sales and bad reviews or the way publishers/agents want to niche me—that in order to make money, and a name for myself, I have to stick to one genre. I simply love to write and I want to create as many different types of stories as my brain can come up with.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Um? I don’t know, really. I don’t think I want to be famous. And if I did, it would be sort of disappointing to only be famous for one day. But then, I guess that’s how fame goes these days. Here one day, gone the next.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
Generally, I’m pretty good about cleaning out my fridge but sometimes things slip by me. I just gave the contents a quick sweep and found a small tub of sour cream that has most likely been in there since last spring. I don’t like sour cream so the only time I buy it is when I’m making sugar cookies. And the last time I baked sugar cookies was at Easter.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Currently, I’m working with five other authors on a series—A Ripple Effect Romance. All six of the books are connected by one character helping out another from the book that follows. Mine is about a young woman who dreams of fame, but hasn’t much luck landing a starring role. Then she’s offered a spot as one of the hosts of a home improvement reality show akin to Love It or List It. And despite the fact she has no design training, has never laid a hand on a power tool, she feels confident her destiny is finally within reach. After all, isn’t that why they call it acting? It’s more of a chick-lit/romance. Nothing creepy or suspenseful as is the case with Replacing Gentry.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)