DRAGONS!

The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug came out on Friday.  I haven't seen it yet, and I don't plan on seeing it in the theater.  The films are too long for me to sit in those seats.  I like to watch them in my house so I can pause them and go to the bathroom.

The exciting thing about his film is the dragon.  I LOVE dragons.  LOVE them!  I love them in all forms--as destroyers or as helpers.  I remember the first dragon movie I watched, Dragonslayer.  Scared the hell out of me.  The scene with the baby dragons eating the princess was a little disturbing for my young mind.  But it also intrigued me.

In high school, I read some of the Dragonriders of Pern books.  I really enjoyed them, but I don't really what they're about.  It's been a loooong time.  Perhaps it's time to pick them up again.

Reign of Fire came out while I was working on my first draft of Wucaii.  I remember going to the theater to see it with my family.  It was a great film.  I remember hoping that dragons were going to become the next movie monster and there would be a high demand for them.  My hope was that my book would get picked up by a publisher, but dragons never really took off.  And, thankfully, I didn't actually finish the book at that time.  It still needed a lot of work!

There are numerous other examples of films and books that I read that involved dragons, but not all of them had the impression that these ones made.  I'm hoping with the next installment of The Hobbit films that dragons will make a comeback.

My book Wucaii was influenced by my love affair with the reptilian creatures, but I added my own twist to it.  Check it out if you get the chance and let me know what you think.


In celebration of the dragon, I'm going to have a giveaway.  The first three people who comment on this post with their favorite dragon book or movie will get an ecopy of Wucaii.  Don't forget to leave a way for me to contact you!

Hooray for dragons!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)