Green: A Life Force Novel by S. Briones Lim


Thanks to her mother’s unwavering devotion to read a bedtime story to her every single night, S. BRIONES LIM's love for books began before she could even speak. Author of the Life Force Trilogy, S. Briones Lim's other obsessions include time with family, POPCORN, sketching, movies and her pug, Tobi. She currently lives on the East Coast with her husband and continues to write every day.

Blog
Facebook Page
Twitter
Goodreads


Her family believed Immortality was a gift, but to Mattie it was a curse. Being a Life Hunter was nothing she would have ever wished upon herself, yet here she was, forced to hunt human Life Forces to sustain her life.

With no memory of her past or how she became such a monster, Mattie stays hidden in the backwoods of Brookesville with only her family to keep her company.

Despite the loneliness of her eternity, Mattie has grown to love her life - that is until she crossed the path of a human she couldn't bear to hunt.

With Hunter in the picture Mattie's life is turned upside down. Was love with a mortal possible? Unfortunately, Mattie has no choice but to find out.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
As cliché as it sounds, I actually was inspired by a dream. I have always been one to have vivid dreams. Oddly enough, most involve taking tests at school or getting lost at the mall! This dream in particular stuck with me like gum under a shoe. I just couldn’t shake it and knew I had to expand on the idea of it all. Though the dream was actually a bit darker and horror-esque in comparison to Green, I made sure to keep certain elements including witchcraft and the Life Hunter rings throughout the novel.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
From conception to publication it took me roughly 5 months. This included rewrites, editing, beta readers and formatting.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I’m a bookworm by heart. I believe all the bibliophiles of the world are my kindred spirits. Just like reading, my favorite part of writing is getting lost in a different world. I get to know and grow along with my characters. It’s really an awesome feeling.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I’d have to say my virtue of double thinking J I always feel like there’s always something to change or something I could have written better. I’m my own worst critic! I really have to find a way to get passed that.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Good question! Hmmm…This is a very hard one! Can I get back to you on it? Haha

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
LOL! That’s another great question! I have to really think about it, but I believe it is the packet of cheese that my husband and I used for our “Taco Tuesday” night. Which Tuesday was that? Let’s just say it was many, many Tuesdays ago.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Many, many stories. I have many ideas swimming through my head and if only I had time to jot them down on paper! But seriously, the final book of the Life Force Trilogy, Silver, has an anticipated release date of January 31, 2014 (Make sure to read Green and Red before then!). I also have a finished Adult Horror novel that I am hoping to publish soon and I am also currently writing a Chick-Lit as well. All in all my readers can expect a bombardment of books from me!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)