An Unholy Alliance by Deb Sanders‏


I’m an adventurer – more by destiny than design. I’ve explored the back roads and highways of 35 states, resided in eight, and traveled through parts of Mexico, Canada and the Bahamas. My journeys have provided interesting tidbits which I’ve managed to weave into scenes for some of my books.

When I’m not in front of my computer, you might find me perched atop a rock at the back of a box canyon, crouched low in the middle of a dry creek bed with camera aimed at a majestic Elk, or perhaps hanging onto a skiff after a whale has breached next to me. At other times, I’ll be Geocaching with grandsons or attempting a new project inspired by something I’ve discovered on Pinterest.

Not all wanderers are lost. Some of us prefer to throw away the map and meander through life on the road less traveled.

I physically reside in North Carolina with my husband, Golden Retriever and two rescue cats. My soul resides in Arizona.

Facebook
Twitter
Website
Pinterest


What would you do if the future of mankind depended on whether you lived or died?

Reyna Blair has learned two things from life – she can tolerate a lot of pain and wounds aren’t always visible. After a stint in the army, she’s ready to drop off the grid and heal. A job as Peace Officer in the small community of Purgatory, Texas sounds like the perfect solution – until the town is rocked by a gruesome murder.

When sexy Texas Ranger, Ty Carter, steps in to help with the investigation, Reyna is both thrilled and annoyed. He’s nice to look at and a definite boost to her sagging ego, but his aggressive ambition might push her right out of a job. To make matters worse, she’s being stalked by a mysterious stranger with a sword that can burst into flames on command.

Reyna’s problems are only beginning. The stranger is an angel of God . . . an Enforcer . . . sent to eliminate a Nephilim woman prophesized as giving birth to the Antichrist. Realizing she’s the target, Reyna must flee or be killed. Along the way, she discovers dark secrets which alter her world forever, challenge her faith, and force a choice between life and death.

*** This story uses a biblical theme but includes scenes with graphic violence and strong language.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’ve always been interested in Armageddon/End of Days scenarios so it was fun to use that theme as the catalyst in An Unholy Alliance. Throughout history and mythology, “good vs. evil” has been a recurring force. Even within our own psyches. I hope I was able to portray that struggle with Reyna and Max.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Ah, now that’s an interesting question. I started this book almost two years ago but my daughter gave birth to a special needs baby which required stepping back from writing for a while. I refused to move on to my next project, a dark psychological thriller, until An Unholy Alliance was completed. Once I put myself in front of the keyboard, I finished the first draft in about two months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
The flow of the character’s lives. I start with a loose plot but sometimes they strike off in unknown territory which leaves me rushing to fill in the gaps.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing. I think that must be the bane of all authors!

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would choose Warren Buffett because I can do so much good with all of his money! LOL

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Oh dear . . . have you been looking in my fridge??? Well, I would have to say it’s a four year old almost empty bottle of Natural Vanilla extract that I purchased in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Vanilla just gets better with age, doesn’t it? (That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!)

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m currently working on a psychological thriller, Dark Side of the Mountain. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever written, a little twisted, but my beta readers tell me it’s an awesome tale. After that, I have a light hearted suspense series scheduled featuring Daisy Mankiller, a redheaded Irish-Cherokee diva who returns to her hometown to help solve a murder.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)