Lost Library by Kate Baray‏


Kate Baray is a paranormal romance and urban fantasy writer. She lives and writes in Austin, Texas with the help of her spotty dogs and hound. Kate has worked as an attorney, a manager, a tractor sales person, and a dog trainer. All exciting and interesting jobs, but none so much as writing!

www.katebaray.com
www.facebook.com/katebaray
www.twitter.com/KateBarayAuthor


Author Kate Baray begins her new paranormal romance series with Lost Library, a tale of werewolves, magic, adventure and romance.

John Braxton arrives unannounced on Lizzie’s doorstep. Little does she know that when she invites him to a drink on the porch, Lizzie opens the door to a secret world of werewolves—oops, they don’t like that name!—Lycan, magic, spelled books, and power hungry evildoers. Caught up in one man’s search for power, Lizzie soon begins to uncover surprising secrets about her own past and powers.

And romance with a serious but sexy Lycan? It might just happen…


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A dear friend encouraged me to “sit down and write one scene” when we were chatting about whether or not creative writing was something I’d enjoy. I found the type of writing I’d previously done (legal and instructional) to be a chore. Since I’d not attempted creative writing as an adult, I decided to give it a try. I followed my friend’s advice and immediately went home to write that one scene. I had so much fun writing it, I decided to give a novel a try. That scene eventually became the first chapter of my first book, Lost Library. I might owe that friend a little favor…or ten.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Initial draft, 4-5 weeks. There’s obviously a lot that happens after that, and a number of friends, family, beta readers, and editors that spend a quantity of time, as well.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Making all of the little pieces come together in a way that---hopefully—makes sense and creates an interesting and entertaining story.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I find it quite difficult to write one manuscript and edit another simultaneously. That has been a challenge as I work on the second book in the series.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Audrey Hepburn. All of those beautiful clothes…

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I’m not sure I want to know what this says about me, but after some deep exploration I found salad dressing expiring in 2010 only to be further dismayed by an even older find of another dressing expiring January 2009. In my defense, I can only say that these items have now been removed… :)

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Thanks so much for asking! Lost Library is the first in the series. I have two additional books planned featuring Lizzie and John, the main characters of Lost Library. As well as a fourth book tentatively slated to feature Max and Kenna. Book two in the series is scheduled for release this Summer!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)