The "What If?" Game by Christine Dzidrums

Christine Dzidrums holds a bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts from California State University, Fullerton. She has written biographies on many inspiring women: Joannie Rochette, Yuna Kim, Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin, The Fierce Five, Gabby Douglas, Sutton Foster, Kelly Clarkson, Idina Menzel and Missy Franklin. Christine’s first novel, Cutters Don’t Cry, won a Moonbeam Children’s Book Award. She also wrote the tween book Fair Youth and the beginning reader books Future Presidents Club and the Princess Dessabelle series. Ms. Dzidrums lives in Southern California with her husband, three children and two dogs.

www.ChristineDzidrums.com
http://christinedzidrums.com/blog/
https://twitter.com/ChristineWriter @ChristineWriter
https://www.facebook.com/ChristineDzidrumsWrites
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3352591.Christine_Dzidrums


“I play the 'What If?' Game all the time. It's a cruel, vicious cycle.” In the follow-up to Cutters Don't Cry, meet free spirit Kaylee McMathews, the most popular girl in school. But when the teenager suffers a devastating loss, her sunny personality turns dark as she struggles with debilitating panic attacks and unresolved anger. Can Kaylee repair her broken spirit or will she forever remain a changed person?

Amazon Print
BN 
Kobo

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
 Like “Cutters Don’t Cry,” “Kaylee: The ‘What If?’ Game” was born from a real-life experience of mine. Of course, like “Cutters Don’t Cry,” so many elements, characters and situations were changed that it became nearly all fictional. “Kaylee: The ‘What If?’ Game” tells the story of a young girl whose panic attacks become so out-of-control that she is eventually institutionalized. While in the hospital, she’s finally forced to confront some painful memories from her past.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
It took me nearly four years of off and on writing. There were times that I had to take a month-long break, or longer, because the process was too draining or upsetting for me. It truly was the hardest book I’ve ever written.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
Writing is very therapeutic for me. It’s my way of releasing some of my stronger emotions. Sometimes when I want to purge a toxic memory, I write until I feel better.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
This is a completely unoriginal answer but writer’s block! It’s the pits. There isn’t a universal solution for it, so you’re often banging your head against a wall hoping that it will all eventually click. During a bad episode of writer’s block, it’s hard to get motivated because you know that you’ll inevitably end the next writing session feeling very frustrated.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? 
Oh boy. I’d probably be someone incredibly wealthy, like Bill Gates. I’d give money to my favorite charities, pay off my home and set aside college money for my children. He probably wouldn’t even miss it! ;-)

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?  
I have an unopened water can with a Microsoft Windows Vista logo on it. It was a gift back in 2006. I hear it’s a collector’s item, so I’ve kept it all this time. Although I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
At the moment, I am writing the third novel in the SoCal series, “Life Before Elmo.” It tells the story of a teenage mom who makes a connection with a guy she meets online.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)