Love and War by Suzy Knight‏


Suzy Knight is an average English girl, who after completing a degree in boring business management decided to travel halfway around the world to the land of kpop and kimchi to be a teacher.

Whilst in Korea, Suzy rediscovered her passion for writing and managed to write the novel Love and War in between working at her academy and volunteering with animal rescue. Two years later and she’s back in England with her rescued Korean puppy, Panda.

Now she is working on her next novels, while training Panda to be less nervous.

Website
Facebook
Twitter
Amazon Author UK


In the small kingdom of Estoria, war is brewing. Trapped between the deadly Cantarrus mountains and the volatile kingdom of Belvidia, war seems unavoidable. The time has come to announce the heir to the throne so as to give the kingdom a much needed sense of security.

Sophia has worked long and hard to become the ideal queen. She is the toast of Estorian society and is ready to marry for duty. Her twin sister Amelia is her polar opposite; clumsy and opinionated Amelia might be fluent in several languages, but she cannot curtsy without falling over.

When Amelia’s betrothal to Prince Damon is announced, Sophia feels betrayed. Amelia is shocked and becomes paranoid that her unfeminine habits will cause the prince to call off the wedding, leaving Estoria to face Belvidia alone. Things get more complicated for Amelia when she begins to develop feelings for the handsome bodyguard sent by her future husband.

Amelia must choose; will she side with her sister, do her duty and marry the prince, or will her new found interest in marrying for love ruin everything? Love, duty or family; which would you choose?


Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
I was alone in a foreign country and missing my family. The winter was so cold, that both my dog and I dreaded going out. So partly as a way to fill my time and partly as a way to connect with my siblings I started writing again. What started as a hobby soon turned into an obsession. I’m still addicted to the rush I get from a nice long day tapping away in front of the computer! This particular story, was so easy to write. The characters established themselves in my mind so clearly, I just had to learn to type fast enough to keep up. The only problem I had was making Sophia likeable, even now after a lot of editing she is still a little annoying to most people.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
About three months, I wrote every spare second I had. My poor dog probably hated it, because my day was walk dog- go to day job – walk dog –eat dinner- write until bedtime. Very little play time for her.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
Losing myself in the story. Once I have an idea I’ll sit and flesh it out on a plot line. Then comes the writing, I feel like a gambler getting a big payout every time I finish for the day and see I met or exceeded my target word count.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
Those moments of doubt, did I tell it right? Will the story get across? Can you see the characters the way I can? Even when I have finished edits I still find myself fretting over the book, writing is very personal for me.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? 
That’s quite a hard question for me, because my life isn’t too bad at the moment— I’d rather be myself but with more time for writing!

But if I have to choose, it would be whoever Ryan Reynolds is currently dating! Because Ryan Reynalds…. Mmmm ;)

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
Probably my Easter Eggs. I started a diet and have been doing very well, but that does mean my poor easter eggs are abandoned in the fridge. But I can’t throw them out yet, just having them there as an option has stopped me from buying anything to replace them.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
The prequel to Love and War is due out in September! It follows how Queen Elsabeth met King Frederick. It’s full of so much drama and intrigue that the final chapter alone took me an entire month to write!

I’ve also begun writing under the pen name of Suzanna Scarlett to release more erotic romances. I’m planning to release a novella soon but in the meantime I host a weekly live twitter event every Sunday 8pm EST under the hashtag #SexSceneSunday. It’s a lot of fun and fellow erotic authors Houston Havens, Anita Cox and the incorrigible Horror/Fantasy author Matt Holgate are there too!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)