Feast of Fates by Christian A. Brown


Christian A. Brown has written creatively since the age of six. After spending most of his career in the health and fitness industry, Brown quit his job to care for his mother when she was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2010.

Having dabbled with the novel that would eventually become Feast of Fates for over a decade, Brown was finally able to finish the project. His mother, who was able to read a beginning version of the novel before she passed away, has since imbued the story with deeper sentiments of loss, love, and meaning. He is proud to now share the finished product with the world.

http://christianadrianbrown.com
https://twitter.com/AuthorChrisAB
https://www.facebook.com/ChristianAdrianBrown
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8422242.Christian_A_Brown
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105782095673393074893/about


"I am a new woman. A new creature. I am myself, and yet so different."

Magic and destiny collide in Christian A. Brown's breathtaking debut novel, Feast of Fates.

Together known as the Sisters Three, Eean, the hand of fate, Elemech, the reader of fate, and Ealasyd, the spinner of fate, foresee a war between the Immortal Kings--and only one girl who can stop it.

Morigan lives a quiet life as the handmaiden to a fatherly old sorcerer named Thackery. But when she crosses paths with Caenith, a not wholly mortal man, her world changes forever. Their meeting sparks long buried magical powers deep within Morigan. As she attempts to understand her newfound abilities, unbidden visions begin to plague her--visions that show a devastating madness descending on one of the Immortal Kings who rules the land.

With Morigan growing more powerful each day, the leaders of the realm soon realize that this young woman could hold the key to their destruction. Suddenly, Morigan finds herself beset by enemies, and she must master her mysterious gifts if she is to survive.


Available at Amazon and Createspace 

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Feast of Fates was inspired by the death of my mother. Well, more by her life, I suppose, since she was an incredible and accomplished woman. For the better part of a year, I spent most of my weeks in the hospital with her while she received treatment for cancer. I had a lot of time in which to write the novel.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I wrote the initial draft in about 6 months. However, I worked with a structural (big picture) editor for another year and a half to two years after that. Once the manuscript seemed to be in a decent state—plot and character wise—I spent another six months with line and copy editors. Then came the proofreaders and beta readers. About 3 years, all in all. Now that I understand the process, and what steps to take, my output and production time is much faster. My second manuscript is already complete and with my primary editor at this moment.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It’s the ultimate form of creativity and escapism. Meaningful work AND pleasure in one’s job.

I’m also constantly amazed by the behavior of my characters.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Having to wear so many hats: writer, marketer, blogger, PR agent, Twitter-hound. It can be exhausting.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Meryl Streep. She’s amazing. I’d love to be inside of her head. (In this instance, I’m assuming some sort of demonic, though not hostile, possession of said “famous host”, which would give me access to her thoughts.)

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Some almond milk from early 2013. It’s a bit of a collector’s item keepsake now, and I don’t want to get rid of it. Perhaps in another year it will develop sentience and begin to speak. I’m hopeful.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Well, readers who have fallen in love with Morigan and the Wolf and their epic romance won’t have to wait long for the 2nd installment in Four Feasts Till Darkness. I’m aiming for a February release next year. Also, I take reader feedback very seriously, and while many of you have enjoyed the book, you’re not crazy about the cover. So, to that end, I’m working with a renowned artist to bring you the most amazing cover yet! Finally, expect a website and media revamp and extravaganza coming before year’s end. So many great things, and I can’t wait to share them with all of you!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)