It Started with a Souvenir

Every summer for the past few years, my boys have had the opportunity to spend some time with their grandparents. They usually go on fun and exciting adventures, such as checking out the dinosaurs at Vernal.

On one occasion, my youngest was being super sweet and bought me and my spouse souvenirs—one of which was a tiny coffee cup.


I don’t drink a whole lot of coffee in the morning (but darn it all, I need my tiny cup full of it!), so I started using this small cup, and my obsession began. From then on, I’ve been on the hunt for tiny coffee cups. And believe me, they aren’t always easy to find.

I was able to find one while visiting Seattle a few years back. We had gone into a souvenir shop on the boardwalk downtown (I can’t remember what it’s called), and I saw the cup from across the room. I was so excited, I almost knocked over my child to get to it.


My spouse found me one when he visited Minnesota. This cup used to have a wrap around it that said Minnesota, but I didn’t read the instructions that it wasn’t dishwasher safe, so now it’s just a black cup. It still works.


My sister-in-law found me one at Starbucks, and recently, my oldest made me one in his art class. It was the best present ever! Unfortunately, the clay on the bottom didn’t quite fuse together, so there are some holes. He was pretty bummed about that. Honestly, though, I’m not sure I want to use it. I don’t want to ruin it.



Whenever I travel anywhere, I keep my eye open for tiny coffee cups. It’s a fun adventure, and I’m excited to see what tiny coffee cup I will find next.

To put these in perspective, here they are next to a normal-sized coffee cup.


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)